Knitting Tutorial • k2tog (Knit Two Together) • [decreasing]
Here’s a knitting tutorial for how to k2tog. If you have never done this before it’s worth taking a few minutes to learn. This is a super easy way to decrease by one stitch at a specific location, and the term is used in many patterns so it’s a good one to know.
The Essence of the stitch: k2tog
- All you are doing with this stitch is knitting into two stitches as if they were one.
- This will allow you to decrease by one stitch.
- k2tog blends nicely into your work leaving you with a minimally visible decrease line.
Check out the little video below for a quick demo (knitting tutorial k2tog):
Please subscribe to my youtube channel! 🙂
Steps for knitting tutorial k2tog:
- slip your needle into two stitches (the same way as you would if you were to simply knit a single stitch)
- Knit the two stitches together as if they were a single stitch
so that’s how to decrease by one stitch using k2tog! 🙂