About My Lifelong Knitting Habit & Happy Knitting .
Welcome to my wonderful world of Happy Knitting!
So here’s A bit about my happy knitting history:
I first started knitting back when I was about 6 years old… When my mom taught me how to do the basic knit stitch, and my first project was a pale pink acrylic scarf which of course had many (many!) flaws. [come to think of it I’m not sure that I ever finished it in the end]… but I loved making that thing!
There is something about taking a ball of yarn which has no particular use, and turning it into an item that can be used and treasured for years to come, which has always struck my fancy. Also as I have gotten older I have come to love the relaxing meditative quality that knitting brings to life to help balance stress!
About my Happy Knitting Style:
My favorite projects are items which are utilitarian and useful… Hence I’m not a frivolous knitter (although I am very impressed by those who can create exquisite ornate items, made solely for their delicate beauty… but that’s just not me 🙂 ).
I like projects that can fit in my bag, and can be worked on the go… thus I am forever reminded of Dr. Seuss’s Green Eggs and Ham (paraphrased for knitting of course):
- Can you knit it in a Boat?
- or Can you knit it with a Goat?
- Can you knit it in the Rain?… In the Dark?… On a Train? … … In a Car? In a Tree?
- Knitting is so good, so good you see!
- So I will knit it in a Box.
- And I will knit it with a Fox!
- I will knit it in a House!
- And I will knit it with a Mouse!
- I can knit it Here and There!
- Say! I can knit it Anywhere!
*just a side note, but I actually have knitted projects while on a boat, while watching goats, in the rain, in the dark, and on trains, in cars, even in trees! And don’t get me started with mice! 🙂
The goal of this Blog Is: To create awesome content that will hopefully have you coming back again and again and signing up for my newsletter too!
Free Patterns: I will be offering all of my patterns and instructions for free on the site. but the free patterns will be basic with very little extra information. plus they are not formatted for printing… Therefore they will give you the technical details you need, but if you need more direction you can purchase the much more detailed PDF Patterns.
Paid Patterns/Mini-Courses: I will also be offering each pattern as a fully formatted and printable PDF. So each PDF will function as a standalone course to walk you through each step start to finish… (literally from how to cast on, to how to sew in your ends!). *I will be striving to make all PDF’s simple enough for even a beginner to follow along!
* Please subscribe to my newsletter and stay tuned for lots of knitting goodies to come! (my newsletter is generally sent out no more then once each month… often only 2 to 4 times each year. so I won’t be cluttering your inbox!).